Why Colonel Sartoris?

Allow me to explain the puzzling title. Colonel Sartoris is William Faulkner's greatest character. He exemplifies those values that his society cherishes, namely tradition, patriarchy, courtliness, and courage. Though modernity's slow march tries to strip him of these things, Sartoris continues to live as he always has, knowing that "the past is never dead. It's not even past." He seeks order in the honorable folkways and mores of his forbears. Let us not forget his example.

Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday Music



I wrote this song my first year in law school on Good Friday.   It had sort of languished as a song that I played once a year, but had never recorded. But I had some free time today and recorded it on my iPhone. And then I posted it.  If you like it, great.  If not, that's fine; it still means a lot to me.

Happy Good Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment