Why Colonel Sartoris?

Allow me to explain the puzzling title. Colonel Sartoris is William Faulkner's greatest character. He exemplifies those values that his society cherishes, namely tradition, patriarchy, courtliness, and courage. Though modernity's slow march tries to strip him of these things, Sartoris continues to live as he always has, knowing that "the past is never dead. It's not even past." He seeks order in the honorable folkways and mores of his forbears. Let us not forget his example.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Throw Barack Down the Well

Working on getting my recording up; it's very, very tough.

In my country there is problem
And that problem's GDP
It grows very very slow,
And will get worse with QE3

In my country there is problem
And that problem is Barack
He promised hope and change
But that hasn't done a lot.


CHORUS:  Throw Barack down the well
                    who promised us some hope
                    But a slogan's not a plan
                    And he doesn't have my vote.


In my country's an election
And Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney
Actually have a plan to cut spending
and boost the economy.

CHORUS

No comments:

Post a Comment